Northern Recreation Core
In October 2019, as part of the 110-acre purchase from American Golf Corporation, the City purchased 42 acres of open space that is bound by Casta Del Sol Road to the north and Jeronimo Road to the south. These 42 acres of land will primarily serve as the Oso Creek Trail linkage to the Oso Creek Golf Course and the Oso Creek Lake Loop Trail. Once the City took ownership of the land, we spent the first six months clearing debris and removing overgrown vegetation along the gravel trail, making the trail-grade safe for users and adding asphalt to the steeper portions of the trail.
Sixty-eight acres of the land from the golf course purchase has remained a functional executive golf course. The City spent 24 months rehabilitating the clubhouse and Terrace on the Green and renovating the landscape and has recently opened a second restaurant, Garden + Grill. These updates and other improvements ensure that the golf course can financially sustain itself for years to come.
In June 2020, the City hired MrPROFUN to prepare an analysis and vision plan study of the 110 acres. The study recommended the types of elements that could be added to both the golf course and north open space. Additionally, the City held extensive public input meetings with residents and various user groups. On November 9, 2021, the City Council approved only the first short-term elements (2-4 years) at both the golf course and north open space to be implemented. The following is a list of amenities that are currently under design or are in the process of being implemented:
Short Term (2-4 Years)
Oso Creek Golf Course
- Temporary outdoor event space
- Garden + Grille outdoor eatery opened February, 11, 2023 on the 10th tee
- New pedestrian crossing from the Oso Creek Trail in the north open space across Casta Del Sol Road leading to the Oso Creek Golf Course entry – phase one completed in August 2022
North Recreation Open Space
- Improved drive access from Casta Del Sol Road down into the north open space
- A Trails Café and restroom building adjacent to the parking lot
- A new simple 40-car parking lot at the base of the access road
- Improved Oso Creek Trail surface and trail amenities – phase one completed in December 2022, phase two completed in April 2023
- “Tunnel Vibration” art mural in the Jeronimo tunnel completed February 2023